And the dumping continues...
Costume made by: me
Modeled by: me
Photographed by: a friend of mine, who is wonderful, but wishes to remain unnamed
Ah, the wonders of the Irish wind, slowly reducing my wig to a bird's nest....
First cosplay. I had a lot of fun making this, despite the tears it reduced me to at points. The easiest part for me was the dyeing of the cape, surprisingly enough. Somehow, the rapidly cooling water made the dyeing go a lot smoother from beginning to end, so I ended up with a nice gradient. The hardest part for me was honestly modifying the dress so it would fit. For all the newbies, here's a lesson - take measurements. I was sure the smallest size would fit, but it actually was three inches too wide for me and I had to take the dress in quite a bit. It was a nightmare, especially since I had very little experience with sewing beforehand. It still doesn't fit properly at the bust, hence the straps. The most fun part would have to be a tie between the beading and the painting - beading was fun as always, but the circlet took a while and at points I got the usual frustration and boredom I get during every beading project. Painting on the other hand was a process that I didn't even realise was taking me so long until I looked at the clock and realised I went from lunch to dinner without stopping.
I probably spent ~30 hours on this (very rough estimate) and ~$100 (less rough estimate - most expensive part was the dress, but beads really killed the budget and are almost equal to the dress haha)